Sunday, June 12, 2011

Bedrest- Days 10-12...Almost 2 wks. down!!!

I cannot believe it, but I have been at this bed rest thing for almost two weeks! I have to say...time has flown! I have been blessed by so many sweet people who have visited me, brought me food, and spent time chatting with me on the phone! Friday flew by with a visit from my friend Tiffany during the day. She brought me GORGEOUS flowers, cooked me lunch, and hung out for the afternoon...I have to say it was sooo relaxing and a huge blessing. That night our friends Austin and Kim came over and Chris picked up wings. I love hanging out with them :)

Saturday, my sweet sis-in-law Chelsea came over for a visit. She also got our mail that I was dying for someone to pick up because it had a Gymboree box in it (I have gone a little crazy with online shopping...lol). A family from our church who has been down a similar road as we currently on brought us delicious food and chatted with us for a while about everything we are going through. It feels so good to be able to talk with someone who understands where we are! Thank you Blockers for your advice and encouragement…y’all are a huge blessing!

Finally, perhaps my biggest highlight of the weekend was going to church this morning! My doctor has given me permission to attend one service a week, and I can’t tell you what an encouragement it was. Of course, I had to start this morning with a trip through the Starbucks drive-through on the way there…it’s the little things that make life good :) Anyway, this morning wore me out so I am in bed for the rest of the day. I plan on relaxing all day tomorrow, and can’t wait for our appointment on Tuesday. I am so thankful for our weekly check-ups. It helps to know that the doctor makes sure everything is going well every week. Well, until then I’ll be resting away! To sign off, here is a verse I have been claiming today: “May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in Him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit” (NIV).

1 comment:

  1. That's powerful stuff! Keep up the good work. I enjoy reading about what God is doing in y'all's lives. We love and miss you both! And we're praying for y'all!
    Jacque & Dace

    ReplyDelete