Sunday, June 5, 2011

Bedrest- Days 2-5...A New Normal

I am on Day 5 of bedrest...amazingly it has gone by fairly swiftly thanks to a visit from my parents and friends coming over. My parents arrived Thursday night and I was sooo grateful to have them here. They bought groceries, organized our bedroom, bought different lap tables and pillows for me to use, and overall really helped this transition into staying at home all the time. Since I can't leave, it was really nice to just talk and hang out!

Last night, our sweet friends Austin and Kim came over and Kim brought me a fun craft kit to crochet little stuffed animals! They are adorable, and I look forward to trying my hand at them. I think they will be fun to have in the nursery and special for our little one to know his mama made them while she was waiting for him to come out :) We were also blessed to have our friend Becky bring the most awesome enchiladas last night...they were sooo good! Cooking will be interesting in our house for the next four or five months. I am allowed to get up to go to the kitchen and get a snack or drink, but I cannot stand on my feet for long periods of time or lift anything like pots or pans...so that leaves it up to take out, Chris grilling, or lots of easy foods like sandwiches :) We will see how it goes! Fortunately, my dad was sweet to stock us up on quick easy foods and a million paper products so too many dishes won't have to be done! My mom also spent some time while they were here making up some burritos and smoothies to freeze so I can grab those for lunch or a snack!

Overall, I feel very blessed! I am really praying about how God wants to use this time in my life. I want to make sure to prioritize my time so it is not wasted on endless hours of tv or internet surfing (although I am sure I will be doing some of that). Some areas I would like to really spend some time in are: Bible study, reading, writing, continuing relationships through social media, phone calls, and letters, planning our nursery (without breaking the bank :), and finding ways to still be involved with my youth girls as much as possible. I also would like to pick up some new crafting hobbies, and of course working from home as much as possible.

VBS starts at our church tonight. I was in charge of the event, until all of this happened so I am a sad I will not be there to see how it all goes! It has been wonderful to see how many people have stepped in to get everything done and set up, since the last two weeks of our lives have been emotionally draining and much of our time was spent at the doctors office and hospital and now at home. We truly have an amazing church with awesome servants who are very willing to pitch in!

A verse I have been thinking a lot of the past couple days and which might be our theme verse for the nursery is Isaiah 40:31, "But those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary; they will walk and not be faint."

No comments:

Post a Comment