Thursday, June 9, 2011

Bedrest- Days 6-9

I have had a great few days on bed rest! The days have passed fairly quickly...and wow! I can't believe it has already been nine days. God has been gracious. This week I have received so many blessings, I want to make sure and record them all!

First of all, we had a post-operation follow up appointment Tuesday afternoon. Honestly, I went in now knowing what to expect. Feeling a little nervous, I just prayed that everything would be okay! The Lord completely exceeded my expectations! He is sooo good! First of all, I LOVE my doctor! He is such a blessing, and I always walk out feeling better about things than when I go in.

After doing the usual blood pressure and weight gain checks, Dr. Anding checked my cervix, and praise the Lord it has grown from 21mm to 33.5mm! That is huge in my mind, and while I do know that it is expected for it to get smaller, I was greatly relieved. I couldn't help but laughing in the office, I felt so thankful for the growth. Receiving such positive news helps me to breathe easier and rejoice in this season where God has me.

Here is a picture of me at our appointment...20 weeks and 5 days!


So, after my outing for the week, I have settled back in at home. We had a sweet lady at our church give us soup, zucchini bread, cookies, and grape tomatoes from her garden. It has been wonderful and helps so much to be able to grab something quick to eat, and not have to worry about Chris trying to cook...lol!

Wednesday, I had two special visitors. My good friend Kim came over while Chris was church. We ordered a pizza and chatted the night away! I am so thankful for good friends who are willing to come "entertain" me. And then, one of my youth girls Jessica, came over with her boyfriend and brought me a cookie cake!!! If you know me at all, you know I LOVE cookie cakes. I am trying not to eat it all, but it is sooo good! Thanks Jessica...you are the BEST!

My last visitor of the week came today! My sister-in-law Becky came by with my niece Kenlee and surprised me with Chick-fil-a for lunch today! I had a wonderful time, and it made the day fly by. Kenlee is sooo cute, and she is at a really fun stage in life. She giggled and gabbed the time away...love them!

And finally, I am sooo excited our nursery bedding came in the mail today. One of the fun things about being in bed all day is internet shopping (Chris may not think it is so fun if I don't slow down)! I found the bedding I wanted last week and went ahead and ordered it from Janie and Jack. I adore that store! I couldn't be happier. Here is a picture from their website:



Isn't it precious? I love it! So sweet and soft. I can't wait until our little Baby Bradford can be in his nursery! Now I just have to pick paint colors and work on some fun craft projects for the room!

No comments:

Post a Comment