Tuesday, July 12, 2011

A Part of the Body

Well, time is flying and I have finished my sixth week of bed rest! Hard to believe! Over the past few weeks I have been able to see just how unique, supportive, and special the body of Christ is to a believer. Many times, growing up in the ministry, I have been on the "giving" side but I have not ever had to be in the "receiving" end quite like I am today. I have experienced parts of the ministry of the body when a relative has passed and when my brother was involved in a bad accident, but only now am I fully realizing how special being part of the church is.

Brothers and sisters in Christ have reached out to me in such an amazing way, that I feel beyond blessed! Last week, my sweet college friend Angela came and visited and brought me dinner while Chris was at church. She recently moved into the area, which I am thrilled about! We had a great evening of catching up and laughing over old memories! Here we are after Chris got home to take a picture (excuse my total lack of make-up, my work out clothes and crazy hair...it was just one of those days!)



So, today, I am thankful for the body of Christ...I am reminded of the early New Testament church in Acts 3 who literally did life together. Their love for one another and devotion to God went beyond a weekly service or prayer meeting; it found its way into every area of their lives. What a blessing to be bound together in the love that comes only from Christ Jesus...I am thankful!

And on a completely different note, I have my weekly doctors appointment! I am excited to hear that little heartbeat and get everything checked out! I will be back soon with an update and hopefully a few pics of my ever-growing baby belly!

No comments:

Post a Comment