Thursday, July 15, 2010

Waiting...

We are currently faced with new job options…but not just job options…but life options! Not simply a paycheck or a place to spend the hours of our weekday from 8 to 5 or even a title to call our own. We have life options which will affect where we live, what we do, who our friends are, and where our kids are born. While these affected areas are important they do not even come close to the areas which are more deeply, more substantially impacted. The areas I am more concerned about in relation to our life options are core, heart issues…

At which place will God be most glorified in our lives and through our ministry? At which place will I be able to grow in love toward my Father and in love with His Word? At which place will I more deeply develop the mind of Christ? At which place will the kingdom be most advanced and eternity most impacted? At which place will we be able to better hear God’s leading…be it a gentle whisper or a loud voice?

I sit and ponder, because we have several doors which seem to be good, even great, options for our lives. I am unsure as to which option is the best, but I know I must maintain my resolute decision to hold out for God’s best for our lives and His kingdom. I only live once…I cannot relive yesterday, last week, last month, last year or the year before that. As a result, I have to lean wholly on the One who knows it all, holds it all, and is all. Trust is more difficult to actually live out than it is to talk about. I am daily in the process of learning how to trust in Him! Depending completely on the Father can feel like one of the most vulnerable places in the world, but in reality it is the most secure! He is my constant, my rock, and my compass!

Psalm 130:5 – “ I wait for the Lord, my soul waits; and in His Word I put my hope.”

No comments:

Post a Comment