Monday, June 28, 2010

Let Mercy Fall on Me...


Yesterday during worship, our church sang the song “Mighty to Save” by Hillsong Australia. Do you ever have those moments in worship where you are so completely struck by the words and meaning of the song that you can’t even sing? It’s almost as if singing the words aloud would disrupt them from sinking deep into your heart…I don’t know, maybe that’s just me. But yesterday, I definitely had one of those moments. I love it when surroundings fade away and it’s just my heart to God’s heart, communicating quietly. What struck me most significantly yesterday, was the first verse, I couldn’t get past it through the whole song. The lyrics state…

Everyone needs compassion,
Love that's never failing;
Let mercy fall on me.

Everyone needs forgiveness,
The kindness of a
Saviour;
The Hope of nations.”

The phrase, “Let mercy fall on me” has been running through my head over and over. Yesterday, during that song, I asked the Lord to implant his mercy into my thoughts, my heart, my motives and my actions. I want to see people how Jesus did when he died for all mankind. I want to love ALL people like Jesus did when he gravitated toward the outcasts, the poor, and the disowned.

I know saying we want Christ’s mercy is one thing, but living it day in and day out is another complete. That is my prayer…that His mercy would fall and rest on me. That it would transfer to everything I do, say and think. That it would be the filter for how I live my life!


Tonight we are enjoying a wonderful slow rain! I love staying in and enjoying the rain. We needed a good soak for our roses, so it is a blessing to spend the evening with summer rain.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Ashley, Just wanted to say thanks for the post. I'm teaching a lesson series on worship and this phrase also stuck out to me and I'm going to be highlighting it for my students. To me i find that it's a humbling reminder that I'm part of the everyone who needs compassion. Just wanted to encourage you to keep on writing, learning and loving. btw i love the roses.

    ReplyDelete