Friday, September 16, 2011

Baby Gifts

We have hit the 35 week mark! I cannot begin to tell you how exciting it is to know we are soooo close to the end! My body is screaming for me to get off my back so I am looking forward to that! We have had a super fun week...Chris' Nina, Aunt Jenny, and sister Chelsea all pitched in to buy us our stroller and carrier. We are so thankful, especially considering we can't leave the hospital with Beau unless he has his carrier. Here is a picture of what we received; I think he will look just precious riding in them!

In addition to the fun of receiving the stroller and carrier, I ordered one of my favorite things I have bought for Beau so far! Chris and I want to make sure that from the beginning we begin installing values that we feel are important, so we purchased the highly recommended Jesus Storybook Bible by Sally Lloyd-Jones. It is a tremendous book which is not only well-written but also extremely theologically accurate. I can't wait to read to Beau from it beginning Day 1. I pray that some of his first memories are his Mom and Dad reading to him about God.


Since the book came in the mail, I have been enthralled with the beautiful pictures and expressive writing. So, I had to get a head start and have already been reading to him from it. He will definitely know his momma's voice when he is born! I would highly recommend this storybook Bible if you or someone you know is looking for a resource to instill a strong Biblical foundation for children!

And one last thing I cannot help but be excited about today is that we are 100 days away from Christmas- my absolute favorite holiday! My sweet Nannie, who is now in heaven, used to count down the months, starting in January. Her holiday spirit was infectious, and the traditions she instilled in her family are especially meaningful. I am excited to pass those generations down to the next generation and start some of our own! It is sure to be an exciting next few months!

No comments:

Post a Comment